Understanding of metallic materials is at the core of the R-Tech Materials business, and many of our staff have post-graduate qualifications in metals related technologies. Our industrial testing equipment is capable of testing a wide range of metallic materials, and can handle products from fractions of a millimetre in diameter to products of 50mm diameter or above. Our mechanical testing capability includes tensile, compression, bend, flexure, shear and fatigue. We can test machined samples or full size products, and have the capability to design and build bespoke test rigs where required.
We are equally at home conducting R&D projects, or looking at materials processing issues, investigating product quality problems, or providing an independent assessment on client complaints. Our background and experience in metals manufacture enable us to interpret what we find, rather than just report it, adding significant value to our clients. We are equally at home in primary or secondary processing of metallic materials.
R-TECH Materials services for the metals manufacturing industry also include:
- Plant integrity assessment
- Failure analysis
- On site condition assessment
- Expert witness
- Research and Development
R-TECH Materials is able to supply a complete plant integrity services for the metals manufacturing sector, including:
- Design and materials evaluation
- Fitness for service
- Remaining life prediction
- Life extension, performance optimisation
- Safety, risk and reliability management
- Failure analysis and problem solving
R-TECH Materials specialises in laboratory-based materials failure investigation, and regularly works in the metals industry. Our highly qualified and experienced team is skilled at interpreting the failure evidence at macro and micro level, and assimilating the data together into a coherent report maximising the interpretative data supplied to the client. We regularly get excellent feedback from our international client base. Laboratory-based investigations can be supported with on-site assessment where required, including in-situ metallography, chemical analysis and hardness testing.
- Metals Processing Problems Our team are experienced at solving problems relating to the manufacturing process. Find out more.
- Product Quality Investigation If your product is failing to meet the quality standards required, our team can help to solve the problem. Read more.
- Plant Integrity Assessing the design, fitness for service and remaining life of metals manufacturing plant is critical to the ongoing delivery of the manufactured product. We help our clients stay ahead of the game. Find out more.
- Failure Analysis We regularly investigate failures of equipment and plant related to the metals manufacturing industry. Read more.
- Mechanical Testing, Analysis and Characterisation If your need is simply for raw materials data, our UKAS accredited laboratory can provide the results that you need. Read more.