From superyacht hulls to cargo ship fastenings to engine components, expert witness, surveyor training, supply chain assessment and specification development, R-TECH’s involvement and experience across the marine sector is truly extensive.
R-TECH Materials is the global testing partner for composite materials for Lloyd’s Register’s marine business. We are able to provide fully accredited independent testing of resins and reinforcements according to LR Rules for Materials, or according to the EU Mutual Recognition Rules.
R-TECH Materials services for the marine sector also include:
- Plant integrity assessment
- Failure analysis
- On site condition assessment
- Expert witness
- Research and Development
R-TECH Materials is able to supply a complete plant integrity services for the marine sector, including:
- Design and materials evaluation
- Fitness for service
- Remaining life prediction
- Life extension, performance optimisation
- Safety, risk and reliability management
- Failure analysis and problem solving
We have a particular expertise in marine power plant, where our plant integrity experts have an international reputation, and regularly publish and present at state-of-the-art conferences. We are experienced at acting as expert witnesses in cases of marine dispute.
R-TECH Materials specialise in laboratory-based materials failure investigation, and regularly work in the marine industry. Our highly qualified and experienced team is skilled at interpreting the failure evidence at macro and micro level, and assimilating the data together into a coherent report maximising the interpretative data supplied to the client. We regularly get excellent feedback from our international client base. Laboratory-based investigations can be supported with on-site assessment where required, including in-situ metallography, chemical analysis and hardness testing.
Our highly qualified and experienced staff are able to act as expert witnesses in cases of legal dispute or arbitration.
- Failure Investigation For more information on our failure analysis and forensic engineering services please follow the link.
- Plant Integrity Our specialist team of plant integrity consultants can help assess the integrity and life span of your marine plant.
- Marine Power
- Product Certification If you require information about product certification of any kind in the marine sector, please get in touch.
- Polymers and Composites Our UKAS accredtied polymer and composites lab is the chosen laboratory for Lloyd's Register certification and can provide materials testing and analysis of all non-metallic materials.
- Metals Testing Our range of mechanical testing, analysis and characterisation for metallics has been used to gather data for a wide range of marine applications. Find out more.
- Specification Development Our consultants are experienced in developing standards and specifications for the marine industry.
- On Site Services Our team of professional trained engineers provide a range of in-situ testing, analysis and metallography functions which you can read more about here.